A recent article on Yahoo! Finance by Elaine Pofeldt called “Does Your Resume Make You Look Old?” offers advice on how to fix up your resume to keep it looking fresh and current. Resume formats have changed in recent years and her list of 11 items can make your resume look old and outdated.
1. Overdoing the Contacts
2. Relying on Clichés
3. Not Describing Past Employers
4. Using Outdated Formatting
5. Underselling Self-Employment
6. Leading With an Objective
7. Revealing When You Got Your Degrees
8. Delving Too Deep Into the Past
9. Showcasing Run-of-the-Mill Skills
10. Noting Passive Activities
11. Giving Short Shrift to Recent Experience
Click here to view the entire article and suggestions for fixing your resume.