On the U.S. News and World Report website, Ritika Trikha has posted an article called “10 Simple Tricks for Improving Your Communication Style.” She offers 10 tips to help you stand out in the interview. While the article is aimed at young professionals, her tips are for everyone.
1. Speak with an enthusiastic, assertive tone.
2. Don’t beat around the bush.
3. Nix filler words like um, like, and uh.
4. Use the mirroring body language technique.
5. Ask for clarifications.
6. Eye contact is key.
7. Offer writing samples and/or blogs to prove communication skills.
8. Communicate anything missed in the interview in the follow-up email.
9. Speak in a conversational style, but never interrupt.
10. End by mentioning their name.