St Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 South Rt. 59, Plainfield, IL 60544
“Create Your Accomplishment Based Resume” – October 28, 2014, 6:30 PM
Your resume must:
– in a neat, easy to read format
– compatible with resume tracking systems
– compel the reader to read for much more than the typical under 10 seconds to discover
– that you possess their needed combination of skills, experience and education
– to accomplish employer goals and be a trusted employee
A resume based on a list of past duties forces the hiring manager to “assume.” An “Accomplishment Based Resume” builds TRUST.
We invite you to attend this Employment Ministry presentation on Tuesday, October 28 promptly at 6:30 pm, at St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S Rt. 59 in Plainfield. There is no cost to attend and all are everyone. Dress is casual.
Our speaker, Dave Bachtel, is a long term Employment Ministry coach who has helped job seekers write resumes that succeed. He’ll present a unique approach to create resumes that builds trust through accomplishments.
You will learn:
– A fun step by step approach to writing accomplishment stories
– How to compel the resume reader to keep reading – so you get more than 10 seconds
– How your stories can be used in your resume, reference statements and in interviews
– How to construct accomplishment statements that sells your value
– How the process can help you rebuild your network
– How to answer, “Why should I Hire You?”
Email EmploymentMinistry@smip.org for more information.